Mettle II RC
The Mettle is our much loved but often abused bike of choice that lives its life covered in mud and used for taking on all day epics in the mountains, uplift days, or just thrashing around. A true workhorse designed to take it all and keep on coming back for more. It’s widely become the bike of choice for riders that want to spend more time riding, less time faffing and it’s just got even better.
Slacker Head Tube Angle // Steeper Seat Tube Angle // Longer Reach on all sizes.
‘What does this mean?’ We hear your screaming at your computer. We don’t believe in change for changes sake, but if we can make a change for the better, we will. Here’s how it helps you…
As a combined package all three geometry changes mean that our sat down sizing (effective top tube length) remains almost identical to the previous generation Mettle, yet your mass is more central and balanced between the wheels. But the stood up, foot out, berm slapping sizing - the kind of riding you’d buy this bike for - is more confident and ready to get loose when you are, simple.
Two fresh licks of paint - Satin Rich Rust or Gloss Night Time Navy.
- 6000 Series Alloy frame - Mettle = Metal. Be weird if it wasn't, right?
- Horst Link Suspension – The Mettle is built around a proven Horst link suspension platform, it works, simple. It let us tune the kinematics to provide progression deep into the travel, low pedal kickback and optimised anti squat figures for pedal efficiency.
- Metric Shock – Designed around Metric 230x60mm shocks early on, we were a first adopter of this superior technology. We also use bearing mount shocks for extra suppleness off the top.
- Proper Sealed Bearings – Chunky 6902 bearings in every pivot. Reliability is key.
- ‘Anyone got a 5mm?’ – Every hardware bolt on the frame uses a 5mm hex key. Who needs multitools anymore!?
- Practical Tyre Clearance – Designed and tested in the UK, there’s mud, lots of it.
- Boost axle spacing – 148mm back end for stiff wheeled goodness.
- Low Stand over – Thank us later.
- Tapered Headtube – Run a zero stack headset for a fully slammed set up. ZS44 Upper ZS56 Lower.
- Threaded BB and ISCG 05 tabs – Remember pressfit? We’ve NEVER put it on a frame because threaded is better.
- Halo x Identiti hubs with Shimano Microspline freehub body
- Bonus water bottle mount – Drink Water
|Rear Shock||Rock Shox Super Deluxe RC3 Ultimate|
|Headset||Gusset Mix n Match|
|Handlebar||Gusset S2 20mm rise|
|Stem||Gusset S2 40mm|
|Saddle||Gusset S2 AM|
|Seatpost||KS dropper post|
|Chain Guide||MRP 1x CS|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano XT|
|Gear Levers||RH Shimano XT 12 Speed|
|Crankset||Shimano XT 170mm 34t Boost|
|Cassette||Shimano XT 11-51t|
|Bottom Bracket||New XT/SLX BB-MT800|
|Brakes||Shimano XT 4 Pot 203mm front rotor, 180mm rear|
|Wheels||Halo Vortex 27.5 Boost |
|Tyres||Schwalbe Magic Mary front, Hans Dampf rear|
Free shipping on all website orders over £50 to UK mainland.