AKA 27.5 XT
The AKA is a proper mountain bike. A pedal up, pedal along, blitz down kind of affair with familiar geometry inspired by the big-hitting Mettle. Take it to the flow trails at your local trail centre, go off-piste, or take it to your local bmx track – it’ll put a smile on your face.
You’d think making a hardtail was as simple as picking a few decent geometry numbers, throw it together and away you go… if only it was that easy. In fact, hardtails get steeper at sag, so we put a package together that ticks all the boxes with that in mind. A slack head angle, and comfortable seat tube angle, and a low bottom bracket put you ‘in’ the bike and in the thick of it. The AKA is the culmination of years of design experience, tweaking, and adapting the design until we were happy.
Chuck a set of 27.5"wheels in it with a 140mm fork, or some 29"wheels with a 120mm fork. The same frame can handle both without sacrifice allowing for unlimited potential. With tyre clearance up to 2.6"and multiple water bottle mounts, and an adjustable drop out for running it singlespeed…
- 6000 Series alloy tube set
- Geometry designed around sag
- 3 sizes, small, medium and large
- Max tyre size 2.6 (65mm measured on 28 internal rim)
- Triple bottle cage mount inside the front triangle for adjustable bottle placement or extra storage for longer adventures and 1 bottle cage mount under the downtube.
- Custom designed ADS sliding drop outs with built in hidden tensioner for single speed use
- 1x Only cable routing
- 12 x 148 boost drop outs
- Threaded Bottom bracket with ISCG 05 tabs
- Stealth dropper post routing
|Fork||MRP Ribbon 140mm/120mm|
|Handlebar||Gusset S2 20mm|
|Stem||Gusset S2 40mm|
|Grips||Gusset S2 lock on Black|
|Saddle||Gusset S2 AM|
|Seatpost||KS e30i 150mm|
|Chain Guide||MRP 1x CS|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano XT M8100 12 Speed|
|Gear Levers||RH - Shimano XT M8100 12 Speed|
|Chain||Shimano XT M8100 12 Speed|
|Crankset||Shimano XT M8100 170mm 34t|
|Cassette||Shimano XT M8100 10-51t 12 Speed|
|Bottom Bracket||Shimano MT800|
|Brakes||Shimano XT M8120 4 Pot, 180/203mm rotors|
|Wheels||Halo MTC Vapour 35 Boost|
|Tyres||Schwalbe Magic Mary front and Nobby Nic rear 2.35|
Free shipping on all website orders over £50 to UK mainland.